Conference and Event Services is now coordinating student organization event planning. Events will be assigned to an event coordinator in Conference and Event Services and they will reach out to you. Due to a high volume of events, there may be a delay in response. Please be patient. Student organizations should still send all event questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student organizations should request space using Book-It, TCNJ’s centralized scheduling system for on-campus events. Video tutorials are available to help your organization submit an event request. All requests are subject to room availability. Submitting a request that meets the Event Tier requirement does not guarantee the space you requested is available.
General classroom request
Small or low profile events requiring limited to no resources from outside the event venue
Events that require campus resources in addition to those available from the event venue
Major or high profile events that require extensive planning and execution
Final determination of the appropriate tier will be made by Conference & Event Services professional staff. Events that change tier after the initial booking may need to be rescheduled to meet necessary deadlines.
Event Tiers and Request Time Frames
Tier 0 – 48 Hour Minimum
General classroom request in any academic building.
Tier 1 – 10 Business Day Minimum
Tier 1 event requests are smaller, low profile events that require little to no resources outside of the actual event venue. They include the following:
- Events or Vendor Tables located in the Brower Student Center meeting and event rooms, excluding the Event Center (Room 100)
- Events outside of the Brower Student Center that do not require any additional chairs, tables etc.
- Events outside of the Brower Student Center that do not require additional space administrator permission
- Library Auditorium, Business Building Lounge, and Bliss Hall Lounge require additional permission and are therefore considered Tier 2 requests
- Outdoor events that do not require additional college resources (chairs, tables, electricity, signage, etc.)
Tier 2 – 20 Business Day Minimum
Tier 2 event requests are for events that require campus resources in addition to the venue being reserved. They include the following:
- Events in spaces that require additional space administrator permission outside of Brower Student Center personnel
- Examples: Library Auditorium, Business Building Lounge, Bliss Hall Lounge
- Events outside of the Brower Student Center that do require any additional chairs, tables etc.
- Outdoor events that do require additional college resources (chairs, tables, electricity, signage, etc.)
- Events in larger rooms including but not limited to Education 212, Business Building Lounge, Brower Student Center Event Center (Room 100), and Library Auditorium.
Tier 3 – 30 Business Day Minimum
Tier 3 event requests are for major, high profile events that require extensive planning and execution. They include the following:
- Events that require the services of more than one campus service provider (Operational Services, Building Services, Campus Police, etc).
- Events taking place in any performing arts venue including Kendall Hall Theatre, Mildred & Ernest Mayo Concert Hall and the Don Evans Black Box Theatre.
- Events taking place in Athletic facilities including Packer Hall and Student Recreation Center.
If you require any additional assistance related to student event planning, email email@example.com and a Student Scheduler or professional staff member from Conference & Event Services will get back to you.